Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is a technique that can be employed to not only provide a visual representation of a procedure, but also have the potential to identify significant savings in the way in which the process is organised and performed.
- Any leader from an organization can benefit from this workshop, including: Product Owners, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Managers, Executives, Scrum & Kanban team members, Scrum Masters, Team Leaders.
- For best results, you should have a good understanding of development and business processes in companies. This understanding typically develops after 3-5 years of professional work experience. Knowledge of agile and lean principles will help understand the content better.
- Identify value streams for your team, department or company.
- Visualise how the value flows.
- Identify waste such as blockages, bottlenecks or iterations in the current processes.
- Define experiments for reducing waste. This workshop is very practical, with about 50% of the time spent to practice the concepts that are presented. You will also benefit from short presentation, continuous feedback from the trainer, Q&A and Anti-patterns.
- The downsides of documented business processes in a dynamic environment.
- Identifying the value streams in your team, department or company.
- Value stream mapping basics.
- Build a simple value stream map.
- Complex value stream maps: parallel streams, iterations, conditionals.
- Incrementally add details to the value stream map.
- Identify waste.
- Define improvement experiments.
- Optional, depending on time and audience.
- Facilitation techniques for the Value Stream Mapping workshop.