Managing Product Managers is a one-day course provides managers with the practical tools they need to develop and manage a team of Product Managers. Topics include what makes managing Product Managers different, building team influence, keys to avoiding failure and reinforcing leadership among your Product Managers. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises, attendees will gain the knowledge and skills needed to be more effective product team leaders.
- Those who supervise Product Managers
- Experienced managers
- New managers
- Learn to be more effective in managing, leading and inspiring a Product Management team.
- Gain skills and strategies to help grow Product Managers into more effective Product Leaders.
- Defining the role of the Product Manager.
- What makes managing Product Managers different?
- Four keys to avoiding failure for your team.
- How your role changes from managing products to managing leaders.
- Reinforcing leadership among your Product Managers.
- Developing a culture of “why”.
- Keeping a strength focus.
- Putting candor to work.
- Facilitating PM influence & other core skills.
- Building team influence outside your group.
- Finalizing your team and leadership plan.