Teams will learn how to manage the enterprise backlog, delivering features, agile requirements, the events within SAFe, and finally, stakeholder management in context of a product manager role
- Business owners
- Product Managers
- Product Owners
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Business, the Product Manager and the Product Owner.
- Identify business value criteria for prioritization, decomposition, and sequencing.
- Define business value increments.
- Describe how to manage scope, time line, and delivery of value based on capacity of teams.
- Identify how to create a single prioritized list and manage active work-in-progress.
- Demonstrate use of tools and techniques that provide visibility for portfolio management and oversight.
- Execute decision making using Lean thinking and Lean-Agile reporting in a timely manner.
- Learn how to ensure that the highest business value is always focused on and delivered by the team.
- Describe the mechanics of product backlog management.
- Compare / contrast the difference in writing of the business feature and user story.
- Identify challenges that may impede the flow of work.
- Learn how to plan for and manage dependencies.
- Understand how to write stories to address architecture & analysis over the life of the project.
- Learn how to decompose complex work into small stories for the teams.
- Projects vs. Products.
- Understanding Lean.
- What is Agility.
- The context for Lean-Agile.
- Speed of realizing value.
- Roles and boundaries.
- Lean-Agile business practices.
- Business value.
- Value stream / queues.
- Business prioritization.
- Business planning.
- Business readiness / staging.
- Ready to pull.
- Reports for the Product Manager and Product Owner.
- Visual controls.
- Iterative Agile and the Product Owner.
- Iterative Agile.
- Product Owner Responsibilities.
- Business Delivery Practices.
- Business Backlog and Readiness.
- Iteration 0.
- Product Backlog Management.
- Lean-Agile Estimation.
- Iterative Agile for Product Owner.
- Iteration Meetings.
- Writing Stories.
- Product Owner Focus.
- Visual Controls.
- Product Owner Standard Work.