This course focuses on the business responsibilities and practices needed to effectively prioritize and drive technology projects to achieve the highest business value faster.
- Product Managers
- Product Owners
- Defining the role of the Business Product Owner and how it guides and drives development.
- Defining effective business value vision and focus.
- Defining, prioritizing, and planning business increments based on highest business value.
- Creating a focus in the development team towards delivering high value, high quality software in a sustainable manner.
- Addressing the challenges, approaches, and mindsets faced by the Business Product Owner.
- Define business value increments.
- Describe how to manage scope, timeline, and delivery of value based on capacity of teams.
- Identify how to create a prioritized list and manage active work-in-progress.
- Execute decision making using Lean thinking and Lean-Agile reporting in a timely manner.
- Projects vs. Products.
- Lean-Agile Overview.
- What is Agility.
- The context for Lean-Agile.
- Speed of realizing value.
- Roles and boundaries.
- Lean-Agile business practices.
- Business value.
- Value stream / queues.
- Business prioritization.
- Business planning.
- Business readiness / staging.
- Ready to pull.
- Reports for the BPO.
- Visual controls.