What is Agile Recruiting?
Recruiting and hiring have become more urgent—and more agile.
To scale up new digital companies quickly, especially the ones from the tech industry, have some interesting recruiting experiments, such as:
- a cross-functional team works together on all hiring requisitions;
- a recruiter represents the interests of internal stakeholders who want their positions filled quickly and appropriately;
- a scrum master oversees the process.
Why should you do that in your company and how to this approach improve your business? Well, everything comes from an Agile mindset, based on values and principles which leads to higher engagement rates and better productivity. The company's management trusts the team that will get the job done and will hire people with great attitude and smart, exactly in this order :) And this is what we all want, right?
Further, the team will ensure that they will get the best out of a candidate in terms of the specific skills which are needed. Basically, HR professionals are looking for assets for the company and, through Agile, they have the means and the appropriate approach to find them.
Steps in recruiting
1. Define the desired attributes for candidates;
2. Rank all the open positions in terms of top-priority jobs;
3. Fill the previous jobs;
4. Create a collaborative approach between departments which can bring to surface candidates that can bring more value in other departments;
5. All the work should be visible to everyone inside the company - usually using Kanban boards;
6. In the end, the decision should be made by the entire team
Some (final) thoughts
Working in agile environments is full of potential and empowerment for employees to innovate!
In our digitalization world, doing agile is not enough, you must be agile.
This article is part of a bigger topic called Employee Engagement.