Business Activity Monitoring with IBM Business Monitor V7.5WebSphere
DescriptionWhat we offer
In this 1-day instructor-led course, you learn how to design and monitor business measures using IBM Business Monitor while also learning business process management (BPM) techniques and skills
IBM Business Monitor is a business activity monitoring (BAM) product that supports BPM by measuring business performance, monitoring both in-flight and completed processes, and reporting on business transactions. Business organizations can use the information provided by IBM Business Monitor to identify business problems, correct exceptions, and improve processes and efficiency.
This course includes topics of interest to you who want to design business measures using IBM Business Monitor. Students interested in learning how to develop applications with IBM Business Monitor should take Developing Applications with IBM Business Monitor V7.5 (WB797G). Students interested in learning how to administer IBM Business Monitor should take Administering IBM Business Monitor V7.5 (WB798G).
In this course, you learn how IBM Business Monitor is used to collect real-time enterprise event data. The course begins with an overview of IBM Business Monitor and how it supports BAM and BPM. You learn about various types of models, performance indicators, triggers, and alerts that are used to establish performance metrics, monitor events, and manage action services. You also learn how to launch the IBM Business Monitor business space dashboard, and how to create widgets to monitor business event information.
The hands-on exercises in this course enable you to navigate the IBM Business Monitor environment. You also learn how to build customized business space dashboards to monitor and analyze business and performance events.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Explain monitoring concepts
- Describe business activity monitoring and how it can be achieved using IBM Business Monitor
- Explain the concept of a business space
- Configure various widgets in a business space to monitor business measures
TopicsThe best for you
- Course introduction
- IBM Business Monitor overview
- Exercise: Exploring IBM Business Monitor
- Monitoring the business environment
- Monitoring business processes using IBM Business Monitor dashboards
- Exercise: Building dashboards in IBM Business Monitor
- Course summary
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have a fundamental understanding of service-oriented architecture and related WebSphere products, which can be gained either through experience or by successfully completing the following courses:
- Getting Started with SOA (WS007G)
- Using IBM WebSphere V7 Products for Business Process Management (WB771G) or Using IBM WebSphere V7 Products for Business Process Management (ZB771G)
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is for implementation consultants and technical business analysts.