DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1Business Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course provides you with instruction on how to physically implement a logical database design in DB2. The course includes instruction on DB2 data management, DB2 catalog tables, the bind process, database utilities such as LOAD and REORG, and security considerations.
This course replaces course DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop - Part 1 - Instructor Led Online (CV830).
Note: This course material is at the DB2 10 for z/OS level.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
TopicsThe best for you
- Setting up a DB2 database
- Referential integrity
- Getting data into and out of DB2
- Keeping your DB2 data in good shape
- Application data recovery basics
- Program preparation and Bind
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have completed DB2 Family Fundamentals (CE031) and DB2 SQL Workshop (CE121), or have equivalent experience.
You should be able to:
- Design a relational table
- Describe the SQL data manipulation statements to access and change the contents of DB2 tables
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course is for future DB2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire the basic skills required to administer a DB2 database.