This course provides you with instruction on how to physically implement a logical database design in DB2. The course includes instruction on DB2 data management, DB2 catalog tables, the bind process, database utilities such as LOAD and REORG, and security considerations.p>ote: This course material is at the DB2 11 for z/OS level.
This intermediate course is for future DB2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire the basic skills required to administer a DB2 database.
You should be able to:
- Design a relational table
- Describe the SQL data manipulation statements to access and change the contents of DB2 tables
- Setting up a DB2 database
- Referential integrity
- Getting data into and out of DB2
- Keeping your DB2 data in good shape
- Application data recovery basics
- Program preparation and Bind