Developing Event Solutions in IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5Software Development
DescriptionWhat we offer
An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click Developing Event Solutions in IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8 (WB380G).
This 4-day instructor-led course introduces application developers to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5 modules for developing event-based solutions.
Through instructor-led presentations, hands-on lab exercises, and a case study, students learn about the WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5 concepts, processes, and procedures that are needed to develop and implement an integrated business event solution. The course begins by introducing students to an architectural and technical overview of WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5. Subsequent units and exercises cover how to develop business event solutions by using Event Designer to define event rules, action, and business objects. Students learn the characteristics of business rules and event rules, and build an event project with information technology assets.
The course also covers technology connectors, deployment, and integrating rules with event projects. Students learn how to use the event test widget in Business Space to test application logic, and build their own dashboard for monitoring business events. Finally, students learn the fundamental concepts of governance so that they can support lifecycle control.
In the hands-on lab exercises provided throughout the course, students create business event projects, and deploy and test a solution that uses the core features of IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5.
The lab environment for this course uses the Window XP Professional SP3 platform.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Explain the benefits of IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management
- Describe the architecture of IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management
- Describe the design process of building an event application with IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5
- Use Event Designer to build business event projects
- Author the event artifacts that are required to implement a business event process
- Deploy and test business event applications
- Build a customized dashboard for monitoring business events
- Describe the event runtime engine
- Describe troubleshooting
- Describe the support for governance
TopicsThe best for you
- Course introduction
- Introduction to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management
- Technical overview of IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management
- Event authoring tools for IT and business users
- Exercise: Exploring Event Designer
- Designing an event project
- Exercise: Building an event project
- Building an event project with IT assets
- Exercise: Building an event project that contains simple filters
- Creating a synthetic event
- Exercise: Defining synthetic events
- Identifying patterns and solutions
- Exercise: Defining context-scoped business objects
- Defining complex filters and clock events
- Exercise: Building an event project that contains complex filters
- Characteristics of business rules and event rules
- Exercise: Integrating rules into an event project
- Defining technology connectors
- Exercise: Defining technology connectors
- Deploying event solutions
- Introducing event runtimes
- Testing, building dashboards, and troubleshooting
- Exercise: Developing custom dashboards and conducting tests
- Introducing decision governance
- Exercise: Implementing decision lifecycles through governance
- Case study: Enriching business objects
- Exercise: Case study: Enriching business objects
- Course summary
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
AudienceWho should attend
This advanced course is designed for application developers.