Exploring New Features in IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 AdministrationBusiness Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course prepares Lotus Domino 7 or 8 system administrators to support a migration to a Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8.5 environment. This course will benefit you by providing them with the additional information and skills they need to perform their duties efficiently using Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8.5. It will build upon your existing administration expertise in the Lotus Domino 7 and 8 environments and prepare you to make effective use of both the new user enhancements and the administration improvements and advances that will be available to them in the Lotus Domino 8.5 environment.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Identify the high-level changes in the Lotus Domino 8.5 administration and user environments, and investigate upgrade and deployment scenarios for Lotus Domino 8.5 servers and IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 clients.
- Manage users and servers.
- Manage content.
- Implement security features introduced in Lotus Domino 8.5.
- Implement hardware conservation techniques.
TopicsThe best for you
Lesson 1: Examining the IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 Environment
- Topic 1A: Overview of New IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 Administration Features
- Introducing New Features of Lotus Domino 8.5
- Upgrade Strategies
- Implementing Lotus Domino 8.5 in Mixed Environments
- Investigating Deployment Plans and Scenarios
- Topic 1B: Overview of New Features in IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 Clients
- Comparing Desktop Client Types
- Examining Lotus iNotes
- Examining Mobile Client Options
- Identifying Performance Improvements
- Installing and Upgrading Clients
Lesson 2: Managing Users and Servers
- Topic 2A: Managing Users and Groups
- Overview of User-Management Enhancements
- Auto-Populated Groups
- Supporting Roaming Users
- Implementing Dynamic Policies
- Using Roaming Policies
- Topic 2B: Managing Servers
- Overview of New Server Tools and Tasks
- Configuring the Domino Server with notes.ini
- Changing the On-Disk Structure Format
- Router Optimization
- Console Log Mirroring
- Using the Remote Admin Console
- Using the Domino Configuration Tuner
Lesson 3: Managing Content
- Topic 3A: Managing Feeds and Subscriptions
- What Are Feeds?
- Feed Readers
- Feeds and Lotus Notes and Domino
- Benefits of Implementing Feed Support
- Configuring Feed Support
- Topic 3B: Managing Widgets and Live Text
- What Are Widgets?
- What Is Live Text?
- Introduction to Expeditor Component Packaging
- Configuring Access to Widgets and Live Text
Lesson 4: Implementing New Security Features
- Topic 4A: Managing the IBM Lotus Notes ID Vault
- What Is the Lotus Notes ID Vault?
- Management Options
- Topic 4B: Managing IBM Lotus Notes Shared Login
- What Is Lotus Notes Shared Login?
- Management Options
- Topic 4C: Implementing New Encryption Techniques
- What is AES Encryption?
- Benefits of Implementing AES Encryption
- Encryption Options
Lesson 5: Implementing Hardware Conservation Techniques
- Topic 5A: Implementing New Compression Options
- Overview of New Compression Options
- Serving Compressed Documents on a Lotus Domino Web Server
- Enabling Image Compression
- Topic 5B: Implementing Domino Attachment and Object Service
- What Is the Domino Attachment and Object Service?
- Benefits of Implementing DAOS
- Implementation Best Practices
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
The prerequisites for this course include completion of either of the following Lotus Domino 8.0 paths or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience:
Administrators who were new to Lotus Domino 8.5 and completed the following courses:
- IBM Lotus Domino 8 System Administration Operating Fundamentals (D8750)
- Building the IBM Lotus Domino 8 Infrastructure (D8760)
- Managing IBM Lotus Domino 8 Servers and Users (D8770)
Administrators who upgraded to Lotus Domino 8.5 from a previous release and completed the following course: Exploring New Features in IBM Lotus Domino 8 Administration (D8720) or (D8725)
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course is designed for experienced Lotus Domino 8 administrators who require early exposure to new Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8.5 features that affect system administration, and who will be responsible for updating an existing Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8 environment to Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8.5.