IBM Cognos Report Studio - Author Active Reports (V10.2.2)Big Data
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course is designed to guide professional report authors in incorporating interactivity and disconnected functionality to reports using active report controls. Through interactive demos and workshops, participants will learn how to author reports with interactive content, as well as reports optimized to work on mobile devices, or in disconnected environments.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
Please refer to course overview for information.
TopicsThe best for you
Introduction to IBM Cognos Active Reports
- Explain active reports and their value
- Save active reports
- Create active report templates
- Convert existing reports to active reports
- Explain security considerations in active reports
- Debug active report behavior
- Use active report content in Cognos Workspace
Use Active Report Connections
- Describe active report connections
- Apply Filter and Select behavior to active report controls
- Modify the interactive behavior of report controls
- Identify active report controls and variables in a report
- Use variables to control multiple controls independently
- Control multiple controls from a single variable
- Author and optimize active reports for mobile consumption
Active Report Charts and Decks
- Describe characteristics of traditional charts in active reports
- Control data display using decks and data decks
- Use decks and data decks to display traditional charts
- Optimize decks for performance
- Describe characteristics of RAVE Visualizations
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have Basic understanding of IBM Cognos Report Studio and report authoring.
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course id for Report Authors.