IBM FileNet P8 Platform 5.0 - System Implementation and AdministrationBusiness Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course is for those whose job responsibility is to maintain, monitor, and configure an operational IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager system. Maintenance tasks include starting and stopping FileNet P8 engines and other system components as required, configuring object stores and file systems for storing documents, and implementing system security and access control structures.
In addition, this course is for those whose job responsibility is to build or implement a business solution using the tools provided with an IBM FileNet P8 system. These tasks include creating content data structures (document classes), document properties, list structures, document indexes, and stored searches and queries. Related activities include exporting and importing documents and associated metadata from one object store to another.
You work with a fully functioning, IBM FileNet P8 system to practice the skills required for administering, configuring, and monitoring components of an IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager system, as well as building and modifying an IBM FileNet P8 business solution.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to administer an IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager system using the tools and techniques presented here.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to implement a Content Manager system using these tools.
TopicsThe best for you
Introduction to IBM FileNet Content Manager
- System overview
- Examine system components
- Start or stop system components
- Content storage concepts and components
- Configure an object store
- Create a file storage area and policy
Content Data Structures
- Business content analysis
- Configure content metadata components
- Migrating data
- Modify metadata
- Security concepts
- Working with direct security
- Configure object store security
- Configure security policies
- Configure security inheritance
Document Searches and Bulk Operations
- Create stored searches and search templates
- Working with Query Builder
- Configure content-based retrieval
Automate Actions on Content Objects
- Content engine events
- Create event actions
- Configure Content Engine auditing
System Administration and Maintenance
- Overview of system maintenance
- Monitor components with IBM System Dashboard
- IBM System Dashboard reports
- Monitor content storage
Manage system logs
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
- Complete IBM FileNet P8 5.0 Prerequisite Skills using Workplace XT (F141) or have equivalent experience
- Have a basic understanding of relational database concepts
- Have some experience as a system administrator, database administrator, or business solution builder
AudienceWho should attend
Anyone who is currently, or soon will be, administering an IBM FileNet P8 system or building a business solution hosted on the IBM FileNet P8 platform