IBM FileNet P8 Platform 5.2: InstallationBusiness Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course is for those whose job duties include responsibility for the installation and support of IBM FileNet P8 software.
Students will install a fully functioning IBM FileNet P8 5.2 distributed system on Linux. The skills practiced during this course follow the documented requirements to interactively install the P8 software. Additionally, the student will learn how to use the IBM FileNet documentation to plan supported software configurations such as Windows, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Active Directory, etc. On the final day of class, the student will be required to perform a successful installation of the IBM FileNet P8 platform software, without instructor assistance. Platform for final installation will be Linux with IBM DB2, IBM Tivoli Directory Server, and IBM WebSphere Application Server.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully install IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine, Workplace XT and IBM Content Navigator
TopicsThe best for you
- Planning the installation
- Using the installation and upgrade worksheet
- Using the documentation to perform the required planning, preparation and installation
- IT administrator, security administrator, database administrator, and application server administrator installation tasks
- Installing IBM FileNet P8 Information Center
- Installing and configuring IBM FileNet P8 platform software: Content Platform Engine, Workplace XT and IBM Content Navigator
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have:
- Understanding of the overall architecture of the FileNet P8 platform
It is recommended that you have:
- Familiarity with:
- IBM FileNet P8 Platform Administration
- IBM FileNet BPM Administration
- Redhat Linux 6 server operating system
- IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS), IBM DB2, and IBM Tivoli Directory Server (TDS)
AudienceWho should attend
This course is for technical professionals who are required to install the IBM FileNet P8 platform.