IBM Flex System X-Architecture Compute Nodes - Hands-on LabsSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course is developed and owned by Lenovo.
IBM solely provides a market place to advertise the courses on our external websites, ibm.com/training and lists the Provider who owns the content.
The IBM PureFlex System is a new category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, chassis, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage.
This intermediate class on X-Architecture compute nodes starts with an overview of IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex Systems to position the X-Architecture compute nodes within the product portfolio. A comprehensive deep-dive of the IBM Flex System X-Architecture compute nodes, their architecture, subsystems, I/O and systems management provide the foundation for the course. Finally, configuring an X-Architecture compute node is explored including two new features of the IBM Flex System Manager - configuration patterns and compute node image deployment.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Summarize the features of the IBM Flex System X-Architecture compute nodes
- Distinguish the major elements of the IBM Flex System X Architecture compute nodes
- Select processor and memory options for the IBM Flex System X-Architecture compute nodes
- Recognize the steps necessary to perform an initial configuration of an X-Architecture compute node
- Recall the procedures necessary to update, configure, and install an operating system on an X-Architecture compute node
TopicsThe best for you
- Unit 0: Hands-on lab exercises overview
- Lab 1: IBM PureFlex System introduction
- Lab 2: Configuring a compute node using configuration patterns
- Lab 3: Configuring VMware ESXi
- Lab 4: Preparing for VMware vCenter Server installation
- Lab 5: Installing VMware vCenter Server
- Lab 6: Configuring VMware vCenter Server
- Lab 7: Deploy compute node image: RHELS
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have attended IBM PureFlex System Fundamentals (NGT11) or have equivalent experience.
AudienceWho should attend
This course is intended for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading of IBM PureFlex Systems where IBM Flex System X-Architecture compute nodes are involved.