IBM i DS8000 Copy Services WorkshopBusiness Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
Within this interactive workshop we review and discuss in detail the IBM System Storage DS8000, IBM i and PowerVM Virtual I/O Server storage architecture. Students gain valuable experience from guided hands-on training within a real IBM i DS8000 lab environment. We focus on the configuration and administration incl. best practices for IBM i native as well as PowerVM Virtual I/O Server SAN attachment and on Copy Services management using DS CLI and PowerHA SystemMirror for i.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
This hands-on workshop enables you to gain valuable IBM i SAN architectural knowledge including the latest DS8870 and IBM i 7.2 enhancements and become more self-sufficient in configuring, administrating and trouble-shooting an IBM i DS8000 SAN Copy Services environment incl. PowerVM Virtual I/O Server and PowerHA SystemMirror for i.
TopicsThe best for you
- Advanced DS8000 and IBM i Architecture
- Latest DS8870 and IBM i 7.2 Storage Enhancements incl. HyperSwap
- PowerVM Virtual I/O Server Storage and Network Virtualization
- IBM i PowerVM Live Partition Mobility
- Configuration, Performance and Administration Best Practices
- Metro Mirror, Global Mirror and FlashCopy SAN Copy Services
- DS8000 DS CLI and PowerHA Hands-On Exercises for Attachment and Copy Services
- Basic Error Determination and Trouble-Shooting
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have basic knowledge about SAN storage infrastructure.
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course is for IBM i system / storage administrators and support staff.