IBM i Recovery and Availability ManagementBusiness Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
Learn how to plan for, implement, and manage the ongoing operations of Power Systems with IBM i. Emphasis is on system availability and backup and recovery. Also, get an introduction to the architecture and terminology of Power Systems with IBM i.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Describe the IBM i availability products and features and choose the option(s) that best fit your company requirements
- Describe how to backup and recover user, IBM and full system data on Power Systems with IBM i
- Develop a backup and recovery plan for Power Systems with IBM i
TopicsThe best for you
- Class administration and introductions
- IBM i availability overview
- Disk management
- Backup and recovery strategy using Save/Restore
- Journal management
- Commitment control overview
- Backup and recovery planning
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should complete System Operator Workshop for IBM i (AS24G) and have responsibility for the implementation of a backup and recovery plan and system availability for your Power Systems with IBM i.
AudienceWho should attend
This is an intermediate course intended for IBM i system administrators, data processing managers and other individuals who implement and manage backup and recovery. This course is not recommended for system operators.