IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench Essentials V9.1Business Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course replaces course IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench Essentials V8.7 (KM621).
Metadata Workbench is a product within the Information Server suite of products. It is used to explore, manage, and analyze the metadata produced and consumed by products in the suite, and stored in the Information Server shared Repository. This course is designed to give you the skills to capture, explore, and analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository using Metadata Workbench.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Describe the main kinds of metadata assets that can be explored and analyzed in Workbench
- Describe how metadata is captured in Information Server
- Prepare metadata for Find and Analysis in Workbench
- Explore metadata assets using Find and Query
- Create impact analyses and data lineage reports
- Enhance lineage using user-defined linkages
- Enhance lineage using extended mappings
- Create business lineage reports
TopicsThe best for you
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Metadata Workbench
- Unit 2 - Exploring Metadata Workbench
- Unit 3 - Capturing Metadata Assets
- Unit 4 - Find and Query
- Unit 5 - Impact Analysis and Data Lineage
- Unit 6 - Enhanced Lineage through User-Defined Linkages
- Unit 7 - Enhanced Lineage through Extended Mappings
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have:
- Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system.
Familiarity with Information Server products, in particular DataStage, is desirable, but not required.
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is for those who will be using Metadata Workbench to explore and analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository.