IBM Monitoring 8.1.1 Implementation and AdministrationIndustry Solutions
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course teaches you how to install and use the IBM Monitoring v8.1.1 software to manage your environment. You install and configure the product, install various agents, create applications, manage users, detect problems and integrate with NetCool/OMNIbus, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, and IBM Operations Analytics Log Analysis.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
After you complete this course, you can perform the following tasks:
• Describe the IBM Monitoring architecture.
• Install and configure IBM Monitoring.
• Administer, use, and navigate the Performance Management Console to monitor and
manage a monitoring solution that is built with IBM Monitoring.
• Manage events effectively by using facilities that are provided with IBM Monitoring.
• Integrate IBM Monitoring with other products.
• Run reports and a 7-day comparison.
TopicsThe best for you
Introduction to IBM Monitoring
- Overview and architecture
- Monitoring agents and categories
- Monitoring agent examples
- Integrating with IBM Performance Management
- The IBM Monitoring lab environment
- Overview of Installation
- Prerequisites and the Prerequisite Checker
- Installing the Performance Management Server
- Installing IBM Monitoring agents
Administer and use IBM Performance Management
- Starting and stopping the Performance Management Server
- Starting and stopping agents
- Start the Performance Management Console
- Managing applications
- Using attribute details to access data from an agent
- Explain the concept of managing users of the Performance Management Console
Managing events and thresholds
- Threshold manager
- Resource Group Manager
- Integration and advanced configuration
- Integrating IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- Netcool/OMNIbus Integration
- IBM Operations Analytics Log Analysis Integration
- Event Notification
- Dashboard Application Services Hub with IBM Performance Management agent data
- Other Advanced Configuration options
Reporting and 7-day comparison
- Historical 7-day comparison
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills:
- The ability to navigate Linux and Windows applications
- A working knowledge of an Internet browser
AudienceWho should attend
This course is designed for users, administrators, and implementers.