IBM Platform Analytics Administration for LSFIBM Analytics
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course teaches IBM Platform Analytics for LSF version 9.1.2.
The course is designed to enhance the ability of administrators, analysts and project management to effectively utilize the product as applicable in their business areas to ensure systems operate more efficiently. It will allow you to assist engineering managers to estimate project completion times, provision hardware and licenses more accurately, ensuring project priorities are being met across large LSF clusters and multiple sites around the world.
This is a lecture only course.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define Platform Analytics (PA) and present some of its key features
• Detail the ways in which PA dashboards can represent complicated data in a meaningful way
• Discuss the differences between online analytical processing (OLAP) and relational online analytical processing (ROLAP) and the design decisions behind moving to ROLAP
• Provide a brief introduction into the work and data flows behind Platform Analytics and Tableau
• Explain how the challenges of older Platform Analytics software drove the development of current releases
• Provide an introduction into the work and data flows behind Platform Analytics and Tableau
• Describe other technology choices that have gone into Platform Analytics including database scaling and performance
• Explain the purpose of the Analytics data loaders
• Describe the architecture of the Analytics data loaders
• Monitor data loaders for health and performance and perform troubleshooting of data loaders
• Outline the installation structure for the Analytics Server
• Describe the PA Console and the tasks that can be performed with it
• Describe the Scheduled Tasks and the ETL flows and which reporting tables they populate
• Troubleshoot the Analytics Server
• Manage the Tableau Server, particularly for users, licenses, and workbooks
• Describe what data is represented by each of the standard Analytics reports
• Configure the integration between PAC and Analytics
• Set up users correctly to access the reports and the scheduling functionality
• Describe the PAC report scheduling functionality, schedule reports and subscribe to them
TopicsThe best for you
IBM Platform Analytics for LSF introduction
Vertica Data loaders
Platform Analytics Server
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
This training assumes you are familiar with the basic concepts and terminology of relational database management systems, SQL, and ROLAP technology and DBMS software.
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is for administrators responsible for supporting an LSF Analytics implementation, analysts responsible for producing operational reports and project managers who need to understand operational performances.