This course introduces the functions in IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5 that support the ITIL-based processes for Configuration, Change, and Release Management. In addition, the logical data model and hierarchies used to store and manage Configuration Items are discussed.
This intermediate course is for IBM SmartCloud Control Desk Configuration, Change, and Release management practitioners responsible for administering, managing, or tailoring the solution.
You should have:
- Familiarity with the ITIL Service Management processes
- Basic Understanding of the capabilities and initial customization of the Tivoli process automation engine environment and IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5 as taught in the IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5 Foundations course
- IBM SmartCloud Control Desk Configuration, Change, and Release Management Overview
- Organization of Configuration Item informatio/li>
- Configuration Management Fundamentals
- Change Management Processes, Roles and Responsibilities
- Change Management Fundamentals
- Advanced Change Processing
- Release Management Fundmentals
- Loading and promoting CIs Overview