This 2-day Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS Fundamentals course introduces you to Sterling Connect:Direct for z/OS, its interface and provides a background of the product. You learn about the basics of process language, utility programs, troubleshooting, operator enhancement and maintenance.
This 2-day instructor led course is designed for Sterling Connect:Direct application users and application programmers who intend to use Sterling Connect:Direct. Also, administrators, operators, production control personnel, help desk staff, and support personnel responsible for the operations.
The following are the prerequisites for taking this course:
- Knowledge of Mainframe, z/OS.
- Knowledge of ISPF.
- Familiar with JCL.
The following topics will be coered during this course:
- UNIT 1. PRODUCT OVERVIEWn
- Course Overview
- Lesson 1. Sterling Connect:Direct Overview
- Lesson 2. Process Language
- Lesson 3. Process Statements
- UNIT 2. USER INTERFACESn
- Lesson 1. Interactive User Interface - Primary Options Menu
- Lesson 2. Administrative Options Menu
- Lesson 3. Other Interfaces
- UNIT 3: UTILITY PROGRAMSn
- Lesson 1. Utility Programs
- Lesson 2. Problem Determinatio/li>
- Course Wrap Up