IBM System Networking ImplementationPureSystems
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course is developed and owned by Lenovo.
IBM solely provides a market place to advertise the courses on our external websites, ibm.com/training and lists the Provider who owns the content.
IBM System Networking provides the essential data and storage networking solutions under the IBM brand to connect servers to servers, servers to storage and storage to storage and to provide complete interoperability with core networks. IBM System Networking offers a compelling alternative for clients seeking more efficient data centers with the greatest business value and lowest total cost of ownership for their datacenter networks.
IBM System Networking enables an open, standards-based approach to:
- Simplify management
- Optimize and automate virtualization
- Flatten and converge the network
This course discusses the features, functions, and configuration of selected IBM System Networking RackSwitches and BladeCenter network switches.
The course will include a review of the current offerings of IBM System Networking switches, basic switch administration, configuration of selected layer 2 and layer 3 functions, and discussion related to advanced features like VMready and vNIC with Virtual Fabric.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Describe the features and functions of the current IBM System Networking switch offerings
- Demonstrate the ability to access and interact the IBM System Networking switch
- Configure basic Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions of the IBM System Networking switch
- Describe selected high availability features of the IBM System Networking switch
- Describe the features of VMready
- Configure VMready on an IBM System Networking switch
- Differentiate between Virtual Fabric mode and Switch Independent mode as it relates to the IBM System Networking switch
- Define the Virtual Fabric components for the IBM System Networking switch
TopicsThe best for you
- Course administration and introduction
- Unit 1: IBM System Networking and BLADE Network Technologies overview
- Unit 2: IBM System Networking switch products
- Unit 3: Basic switch administration
- Exercise period 1
- Unit 4: Layer 2 options
- Unit 5: Layer 3 options
- Unit 6: Availability and management options
- Exercise period 2
- Unit 7: VMready
- Unit 8: Virtual Fabric and vNIC
- Unit 9: Troubleshooting IBM System Networking switches
- Exercise period 3
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have completed:
- IBM System x Technical Principles Enhanced (XTR11)
- IBM System x Technical Principles (XTV11)
- Introduction to Networking (XTRN0)
AudienceWho should attend
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. However, typical students taking this course include technical IBM personnel from the FTSS, ATS, and Techline organizations as well as customer or business partner technical personnel involved with the planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading of IBM System Networking switches and with using IBM Networking Operating System (IBM Networking OS) software.