IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 Historical Reporting and Data CollectionSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) provides very powerful tools for collecting data, displaying short-term history reports, and uploading data to a relational database for long-term storage, summarization, and report generation.
Through a balance of lectures and hands-on exercises, learn how to install, configure, and use the historical data collection and reporting components, include the Tivoli Data Warehouse. Significant time is devoted to planning and sizing data storage requirements.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Plan a Tivoli Data Warehouse solution, addressing capacity issues
- Install the historical data collection and reporting components
- Configure historical data collection
- Configure for summarization and pruning
- Report historical data
TopicsThe best for you
Planning a Tivoli Data Warehouse solution
- Capacity analysis
- Placement of components in the network
- Impact of decisions
Installing the historical data collection components
- Tivoli Data Warehouse
- Warehouse Proxy Agent
- Summarization and Pruning Agent
Configuring historical data collection
- Short term history data
- Long term history data
- Summarization and pruning configuration
Historical data reporting
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should be familiar with:
- Monitoring in the IT environment and how to use IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 for Operators (TV282) and IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 for Administrators (TV302). These two courses are also offered as a combined class (see course TV362).
For those new to ITM, web-based course IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.1 Introduction (TV816) is recommended.
The ITM for Implementers (TV352) would also be beneficial.
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate-level course is for system administrators and implementers tasked with setting up and managing the collection of historical data. Deployment specialists would also benefit from this course.