IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS helps you maintain the highest degree of availability of your System z networks. It offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control. The full IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Workshop ILT consists of four courses:
- This course, NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals, which covers the key concepts, components, and user interfaces associated with NetView for z/OS 6.1. Lectures are supplemented with hands-on exercises.
- etView for z/OS 6.1 Automation (TZ213G), where you learn about the automation facilities of IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS. You learn the architecture of NetView as a message processor and explore the message flows in an IBM Tivoli for z/OS environment. Also, you learn how NetView can manage screen commands that are issued by operators from z/OS Multisystem Console Support (MCS) consoles. You use the information presented in class in a practical environment during hands-on lab exercises.
- etView for z/OS 6.1 REXX (TZ223G), where you learn how to write REXX EXECs using NetView for z/OS. Restructured Extended Executor (REXX) EXECs can be written to simplify tasks that an operator might need to perform and to provide automation, both proactive and reactive. Topics include the NetView facilities that are provided to support the REXX language: NetView REXX functions, global variables, and WAIT processing. Lectures are reinforced with hands-on lab exercises.
- etView for z/OS 6.1 PIPEs (TZ233G), where you learn how to code NetView PIPEs within REXX EXECs to simplify operations and perform automation by using NetView for z/OS. Topics include an overview of PIPEs, PIPE stages supplied by NetView, issuing commands (NetView, MVS, and VTAM) in a PIPE and processing their output, and some complex PIPE stages. Lectures are reinforced with hands-on lab exercises.
This intermediate-level course is for Administrators who are new to NetView for z/OS Administrators who are moving to version 6.1 from a previous version.
You must be familiar with:
- etworking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment
Unit 1: IBM Tivoli NetView basics
- Lesson 1: NetView for z/OS overview
- Lesson 2: NetView packaging and installatio/li>
- Lesson 3: NetView structure and components
- Lesson 4: NetView application procedure parameters and datasets
- Lesson 5: The 3270 interface
- Lesson 6: Customizing NetView using CNMSTYLE
- Lesson 7: CNMSTYLE Report Generator
- Lesson 8: NetView administratio/li>
- Lesson 9: IP management
- Lesson 1: NetView web interface
- Lesson 2: NetView Web Services Gateway
- Lesson 3: NetView Management Console (NMC) interface
- Lesson 4: NetView Enterprise Management Agent
- Lesson 5: Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- Lesson 6: NetView product integration with IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE products
- Lesson 7: Tivoli Enterprise Portal security