IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1 Implementation and AdministrationIBM Analytics
DescriptionWhat we offer
Practice implementing a data management strategy with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1. During this course you install the Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1 server, backup-archive clients, and the Operations Center. You create storage pools and configure their hierarchies to manage the flow of data from disk to tape media. You map storage pools to data, define new policy domains, policy sets, management classes, backup copy groups, and archive copy groups. You also learn to register administrators and grant privileges, back up and restore client data, and manage long-term and off-site data through archiving and retrieval. You automate client operations, and configure and manage storage events. Finally, you learn how to protect the Tivoli Storage Manager server by automating backup and restore.
IBM Spectrum Protect V7.1.3 announcement highlights have been added to this course including Deduplication technology features, enhancements to Operations Center and new command parameters.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Explain the features of Tivoli Storage Manager
- Install and configure the Tivoli Storage Manager server, backup-archive client, and Operations Center
- Navigate the administrative interfaces
- Manage the Tivoli Storage Manager database and recovery log
- Create and manage storage devices, storage pools and storage pool volumes
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure and manage client options
- Back up, restore, archive, and retrieve client data
- Protect the Tivoli Storage Manager database and storage pools
- Schedule and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
- Summarize the new features of IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.3
TopicsThe best for you
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager overview
- Installing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Accessing Tivoli Storage Manger administrative and client interfaces
- Managing the database and recovery logs
- Configuring devices and storage pools
- Customizing data retention
- Configuring the client
- Protecting client data
- Protecting the database and storage pools
- Automating and monitoring operations
- IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.3 Differences
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have experience with Windows OS administration, including Windows 8.
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is for new Tivoli Storage Manager administrators.