IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.3 Concepts and AdministrationCloud and Smarter Infrastructure
DescriptionWhat we offer
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager is a resource accounting product that you can use to track, manage, allocate, and optionally bill users for IT resources. Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager ensures that charges are correct and fair.Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager is a general purpose tool that does the following tasks: - Collects resource usage data throughout the enterprise - Determines the account that used the resource and the cost - Creates and distributes invoices and usage reports - Provides an end-user interface to create and view summary and detailed reports It also includes a Financial Modeler feature that you can use to perform rate analysis based on IT expenditure. This course teaches you the skills needed to implement and administer a set of accounting strategies such as, account code conversion, rate, client, and user table maintenance, metering record conversion, and report distribution and generation. Topics include but are not limited to: the data Collectors and the Common Source Resource record, and the batch processing capabilities of the product, the Integrator, the Job Runner, miscellaneous and recurring transactions, and user maintenance, and exporting to Excel and Acrobat. In addition the course covers a Windows and a Cloud scenario, teaches to configure and prepare the product for use, and also includes troubleshooting. Demonstrations and class exercises allow the opportunity to practice the skills presented. This course covers basic and intermediate topics and is for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager implementers and administrators.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Describe Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager and its accounting process.
- Describe the components, concept, and architecture of the product
- Verify the prerequisites and corequisites for the installation in a Windows environment.
- Describe installation options and steps.
- Perform TUAM administration functions including DB administration.
- Perform operation tasks, such as working with rates, working with clients, working with users and groups, working with collectors, processing data, and distribution of reports.
- Generate various standard reports from Usage and Accounting Manager Web reporting..
- Generate various standard reports from Usage and Accounting Manager Cognos reporting.
- Simulate different usage scenarios to include Windows and cloud.
- Describe implementation planning
- Perform troubleshooting
TopicsThe best for you
- Unit 1: IT financial management basics
- Unit 2: Concepts and architecture
- Unit 3: Installation and installation verification
- Unit 4: Administration
- Unit 5: Working with rates
- Unit 6: Working with clients
- Unit 7: Working with users and groups
- Unit 8: Collectors
- Unit 9: Processing data
- Unit 10: Report distribution
- Unit 11: Web reporting
- Unit 12: Cognos reporting
- Unit 13: Cost Allocation and Financial Modeler
- Unit 14: Database administration
- Unit 15: Windows scenario
- Unit 16: Cloud scenario
- Unit 17: Implementation planning
- Unit 18: Troubleshooting
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have knowledge of:
- Windows basics
- Using internet browsers
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager implementers and administrators.