IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V7 Process Simulation and AnalysisBusiness Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
This two-day instructor-led course is a continuation of IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V7 Process Mapping and Analysis (WB784G) and teaches students how to use the powerful features and capabilities of IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V7 to simulate and analyze business processes.
WebSphere Business Modeler V7 enables the visualization, documentation, modeling, and analysis of business processes for understanding and process execution. Business Modeler provides a comprehensive view of the processes that underlie how organizations do business, which allows users to document business processes and to improve them through business process analysis.
In this course, students receive intensive training in conducting simulation and analysis with WebSphere Business Modeler V7. The course begins with an overview of the concept of simulation. Students explore the powerful simulation and analysis features of Business Modeler, learning how to use Business Modeler to set up and run simulations, as well as to conduct dynamic analysis with simulation results. Students also learn how to define business measures and how to perform process improvement by comparing the results between as-is models and to-be models.
Hands-on lab exercises enable students to run simulations, create custom reports, define business measures, and generate Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) code.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Set up and run a simulation
- Conduct dynamic analysis
- Identify methods for process improvement
- Create custom queries and reports
- Describe the purpose of business measures
- Export projects from WebSphere Business Modeler
TopicsThe best for you
- Course introduction
- Introduction to simulation and analysis
- Setting up and running simulations
- Exercise: Simulation and analysis
- Profile and dynamic analysis
- Exercise: Dynamic analysis
- Process improvement
- Exercise: Process improvement
- Custom reports and queries
- Exercise: Creating a custom report
- Defining business measures
- Exercise: Defining business measures in WebSphere Business Modeler
- Exporting from WebSphere Business Modeler
- Exercise: Exporting from WebSphere Business Modeler
- Interactive process design
- Course review
- Course summary
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
Students should successfully complete IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V7 Process Mapping and Analysis (WB784G) or IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V7 Process Mapping and Analysis (ZB784G).
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course is for business analysts, implementation consultants, project managers, support engineers, sales and marketing professionals, and customers who need intensive training in process modeling, analysis, simulation, and reporting using WebSphere Business Modeler V7.