IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition 7.1-7.2 Process ImplementationSoftware Development
DescriptionWhat we offer
This 3-day, instructor-led course teaches delivery best practice patterns and IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition implementation practices that improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts.
In this course, students use IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition to implement functionality in a business process definition (BPD). First, students examine the architecture of WebSphere Lombardi Edition to provide contextual information for the rest of the course. Students then learn how variables in Lombardi are scoped and used to exchange information between services and business processes. After learning about variables, students examine process flows to learn about routing and gateways. Students then build user interfaces (Coaches) and leverage the integration capabilities that Lombardi provides. The focus of this course is on reuse, ease of maintenance, and using best practices. After completing the integration exercises, students implement message events. Finally, students learn best practices for snapshots, toolkits, and organizing process assets.
This course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations, class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding, and labs embedded in each of the course units that enable hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills. This course is designed to be collaborative, and students can work in teams to perform class activities.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Describe the architecture of Lombardi
- Manage variables and data flow
- Implement Gateways and routing to control process flow
- Design user input forms (Lombardi Coaches)
- Access and manipulate external data
- Test a business process model
- Model and implement Message Events
- Organize process assets using Toolkits, Snapshots, and tagging
TopicsThe best for you
- Course introduction and prologue
- WebSphere Lombardi Edition architecture
- Managing data
- Managing process flow
- Building Coaches
- Integration Services
- Message Events
- Snapshots, toolkits, and organizing assets
- Course summary
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should successfully complete IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition 7.1-7.2 Process Modeling (WB001G) or IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition 7.1-7.2 Process Modeling (ZB001G), and have:
- Practical knowledge of data structures
- Understanding of SQL syntax
- Basic understanding of Web services
- Experience with modern programming techniques
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is for project members who implement detailed logic, data models, and external system integrations for an executable business process.