IBM zEnterprise (zEC12 and zBC12) Technical OverviewMainframe servers
DescriptionWhat we offer
This 1-day workshop provides a detailed description of the new features and functions of the zEnterprise System, thereby enabling clients to plan, implement, and operate the system environment in an expedited manner.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- To provide a clear understanding of new features and functions delivered by the IBM zEnterprise System (zEC12 and zBC12, zEnterprise BladeCenter Extension, zEnterprise Unified Resource Manager).
TopicsThe best for you
- zEnterprise System description: - (zEC12 and zBC12 , zEnterprise BladeCenter Extension, zEnterprise Unified Resource Manager)
- Technical details:
- zEC12 and zBC12
- Frame + processor drawer
- Processor Unit design
- I/O drawer and PCIe drawer
- I/O features (PCIe features)
- Blades (DataPower, System x, and POWER)
- zEnterprise Software / OS Support
- zEnterprise System environmentals
- zEnterprise System connectivity
- HMC enhancements
- Planning and implementation considerations
- Statements of Direction
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have knowledge of previous zEnterprise hardware.
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate seminar is open to IBM Clients, Business Partners, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and IBMers. IT professionals, including technical project managers, architects, systems programmers/analysts, systems designers and application developers who need to understand how to design and exploit the hardware and software infrastructure required to effectively run modern zEnterprise solutions.