IBM z/OS V2R2 Performance and Availability TopicsSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
The workshop will provide you with information on key topics related to the IBM z13 and the latest version of z/OS and related products.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
The workshop will give you an insight into the key areas of using specific IBM z13 components and the latest z/OS version to help gain an understanding of how these may be used to optimize their own environment.
TopicsThe best for you
This one-day workshop will discuss:
- zEDC Evaluation, Implementation, and managing expectations
- z13 Performance and configuration options
- z13 Coupling Considerations and relative performance
- Storage Tiers on z/OS and related implications and considerations.
- VSAM Record Level Sharing
- Optimizing availability and performance of MQ Series shared queue structures
- Optimizing IBM?s latest software pricing options (MWP, zCAP, and CMP)
- Recap of sysplex enhancements in z/OS 2.1 (1 slide per enhancement)
- Sysplex enhancement in z/OS 2.2
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have Technical and Performance experience in working with z Systems.
AudienceWho should attend
This internediate course is for:
- Experienced technical managers and system programmers
- Performance analysts
- Infrastructure architects