IBM z/OS V2R2 Technical Updatez Systems
DescriptionWhat we offer
This 1-day technical seminar will provide information about the latest enhancements to z/OS. It will discuss installation, positioning activities, functional change
ObjectivesWhat you learn
You will learn how to exploit new z/OS features and function to effectively run traditional and modern mainframe workloads. You should gain an awareness of the key areas of enhancements and have the confidence to begin assessing and planning how these enhancements may improve their environments. Additional references to further reading will be provided.
TopicsThe best for you
This course will discuss installation, positioning activities, functional changes, and migration considerations introduced with z/OS:
- Introduction to z/OS Redbook
- Severpac, Installation, configuration, and layout.
- Operations, Changes affecting operational areas.
- Availability Management
- z/OSMF, Health Checker, PFA, and Persistent Data
- Security, RACF, LDAP, and PKI.
- Storage Management
- Job Entry Subsystems
- Diagnostics, SVA and SDUMP enhancements.
- Supervisor, CSV, Tokens, VSM, and long symbols.
- User Interfaces, TSO/E, ISPF, and CEA
- Unix Systems Services
- 64 bit, ZFS, DBX SIMD, ISPF, New and enhanced functions.
- Timers, CF, XES Signalling, and Logger.
- Performance, RMF, WLM, SSI, RSM, and ZFS.
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have:
- Experience in installing, customizing, exploiting, testing, and implementing previous versions of z/OS and related products.
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course is for Technical managers, systems programmers and storage managers.