Improving Business Process with Value Stream MappingAgile & Lean
* the price doesn't contain VAT taxes
DescriptionWhat we offer
Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is a technique that can be employed to not only provide a visual representation of a procedure, but also have the potential to identify significant savings in the way in which the process is organised and performed.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Identify value streams for your team, department or company
- Visualise how the value flows
- Identify waste such as blockages, bottlenecks or iterations in the current processes
- Define experiments for reducing wasteThis workshop is very practical, with about 50% of the time spent to practice the concepts that are presented. You will also benefit from short presentation, continuous feedback from the trainer, Q&A and Anti-patterns.
TopicsThe best for you
- The downsides of documented business processes in a dynamic environment
- Identifying the value streams in your team, department or company
- Value stream mapping basics
- Build a simple value stream map
- Complex value stream maps: parallel streams, iterations, conditionals
- Incrementally add details to the value stream map
- Identify waste
- Define improvement experiments
- Optional, depending on time and audience:
- Facilitation techniques for the Value Stream Mapping workshop
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
- For best results, you should have a good understanding of development and business processes in companies. This understanding typically develops after 3-5 years of professional work experience. Knowledge of agile and lean principles will help understand the content better.
AudienceWho should attend
- Any leader from an organization can benefit from this workshop, including: Product Owners, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Managers, Executives, Scrum & Kanban team members, Scrum Masters, Team Leaders.