IMS High Availability Large Database (HALDB)Business Management
DescriptionWhat we offer
Learn about the Information Management System (IMS) High Availability Large Database (HALDB). Examine how databases may be migrated to HALDB and the advantages of using HALDB.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Define HALDB databases and their partitions
- Understand database administrator responsibilities in managing HALDB
- Develop procedures for the support and recovery of HALDB
- Migrate databases to the use of HALDB
- Understand application design for HALDB
TopicsThe best for you
- Database Structures
- Partition Selection
- DBRC Support
- Database Commands
- Database Creation and Migration
- Changing Databases
- Secondary Indexes
- Application and Miscellaneous Considerations
- HALDB Online Reorganization
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should complete:
- Physical Organization of Databases (CM220) or
- Physical Organization of Databases - Web (CMW22)
- or have equivalent work experience.
You should have:
- working knowledge of IMS full function databases
- database administrator responsibilities for their support.
AudienceWho should attend
This is an intermediate course for IMS database administrators, who implement and manage HALDB.