Korn and Bash Shell ProgrammingSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course will teach you how to use shell scripts and utilities for practical system administration of AIX (or other UNIX) operating systems.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
? Distinguish Korn and bash shell specific features
? Use utilities such as sed and awk to manipulate data
? Understand system shell scripts such as /etc/shutdown
? Write useful shell scripts to aid system administration
TopicsThe best for you
- Basic shell concepts
- Flow control in a shell Script
- Functions and typeset
- Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
- Using regular expressions
- Using sed, awk and other AIX utilities
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have:
- An understanding of programming fundamentals: variables, flow control concepts such as repetition and decision.
- A working knowledge of AIX including the use of the vi editor, find and grep commands.
Students without this experience should attend AIX Basics (AN10G).
AudienceWho should attend
This course is for support staff for AIX on POWER systems