Location Services with IBM Worklight Foundation V6.2WebSphere
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course teaches you how to create and test an IBM Worklight geolocation application by using the Eclipse IDE and Android SDK.
In this course, you learn about the location service capabilities of IBM Worklight and how to use Worklight Studio to create and manage mobile location service applications. The course covers topics that include runtime architecture for location services, location service APIs, creating a Worklight project for location services, and testing location services in the Mobile Browser Simulator.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform. The exercise uses the Android environment.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Describe location services architecture
- Use Java or Objective-C client-side APIs
- Define what service permissions are and why you need them
- Use geo and WiFi triggers
- Describe geofencing
- Write an acquisition policy
- Test hybrid location service applications
TopicsThe best for you
- Course introduction
- Introduction to IBM Worklight Foundation Location Services
- Introduction to IBM Worklight V6.0
- Simulating location services
- Exercise: Creating a geolocation service simulation
- Course summary
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have experience in Java or web development with Eclipse, and a good knowledge of the following web technologies:
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- The structure, development, and implementation of a Worklight project
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course is designed for developers who want to create mobile applications that use location services on an Android mobile environment by using IBM Worklight Studio V6.2.