Parallel Sysplex OverviewSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course is designed to provide a fairly detailed overview of the Parallel Sysplex environment. It covers both hardware and software aspects including examples of how certain system components and subsystems exploit sysplex.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Explain the historical perspective of sysplex
- Identify and describe the key components used in a base sysplex configuration
- Identify and describe the key components used in a Parallel Sysplex configuration
- Describe how the CF is defined and connected
- Explain time synchronization in a sysplex
- Describe the overall structure definition process, types, operational use, and some key structure characteristics
- Identify and list users of sysplex services
- Identify and describe various sysplex exploiters and subsystems
TopicsThe best for you
- Topic 1 - Systems evolution: Single system to sysplex
- Topic 2 - Basic sysplex
- Topic 3 - Parallel Sysplex and coupling facility architecture
- Topic 4 - Time synchronization
- Topic 5 - Coupling facility structures
- Topic 6 - Sysplex exploiters and data sharing examples
- Topic 7 - More z/OS sysplex exploiter examples
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have a general knowledge of System z and z/OS.
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is for z/OS system programmers, IT architects, managers, and anyone interested in understanding more about Parallel Sysplex.