This course provides an introduction to software architecture. It is the result of expertise developed by the SEI over two decades and is based on the SEI book Software Architecture in Practice, the first and most frequently cited practitioner-oriented book about software architecture.
- Software architects
- Experienced programmers (5+ years)
- Team leaders
- You must be proficient in at least one programming language. You will get the best out of this class if you have worked at least 5 years as a programmer or architect until now.
- What is Architecture?
- What is Software Design?
- Architect’s role: Traditional and Agile.
- How to start on architecture?
- How to communicate architecture to business people, product people, developers?
- Architecture evolution.
- Architecture versioning.