WebSphere Application Server V8.5 - Using Intelligent ManagementSoftware Development
DescriptionWhat we offer
This 3-day instructor-led course teaches you the skills that are needed to configure and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Intelligent Management features.
Intelligent Management provides capabilities that give your WebSphere Application Server environment better performance, throughput, scalability, availability, serviceability, and reliability, while reducing complexity and improving manageability.
In this course, you learn how to configure and monitor dynamic clusters, and how they should behave as different mixes of application requests are sent into the environment. You learn how to configure service policies that specify request importance and response time goals, and how to configure health policies to monitor for problems in your environment. You also learn how to use the application edition management features to roll out and validate new applications. The course also describes many other features of Intelligent Management.
The course concludes with a discussion of some of the design and deployment issues you must consider when you use Intelligent Management features.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course give you practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Intelligent Management. In the exercises, you complete tasks such as creating and monitoring dynamic clusters, configuring service policies, managing application editions, configuring health policies, and working with centralized log management and request-based tracing.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Explain the concept of middleware virtualization
- Describe the architecture of the runtime components that Intelligent Management uses
- Use Intelligent Management monitoring
- Configure application server dynamic operations and explain their behavior
- Configure health management and explain its behavior
- Configure application edition management and explain its behavior
- Explain the behavior of on demand router dynamic clusters
- Use the features of centralized log management
- Configure a highly available deployment manager and explain its behavior
- Make some of the design and deployment decisions that are associated with Intelligent Management
TopicsThe best for you
- Course introduction
- Overview of WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Intelligent Management
- Intelligent Management architecture
- On demand operations: administration
- Lab introduction
- Exercise: POD configuration
- Exercise: On demand operations: configuration
- On demand operations: runtime
- Monitoring components and requests
- Exercise: On demand operations: runtime part 1
- Exercise: On demand operations: runtime part 2
- Health management and task management
- Exercise: Health management
- Application edition management
- Exercise: Application edition management
- More features of Intelligent Management
- Exercise: Centralized log management and request based tracing
- Design and deployment considerations
- Course summary
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should complete WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (WA585G) or WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (ZA585G), or have a thorough understanding of the topologies and runtime administration of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment environments.
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course is designed for systems integrators, administrators, architects, and developers who are responsible for configuring, administering, or architecting solutions that include WebSphere Application Server.