What's New in PowerHA SystemMirror 7 and MigrationSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course will provide you with information on the latest PowerHA SystemMirror release and the skills necessary to migrate to that release. The course will also provide you an opportunity to work with the new menu structure to perform system administration tasks.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
This course will focus on the new features of PowerHA 7.1, including requirements and migration options for migrating from PowerHA 6.1 to PowerHA 7.1. Having completed this course, students should be able to do the following:
- Understand the new features of PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3
- Plan a migration to PowerHA 7.1.3
- Prepare the existing cluster environment for migration to PowerHA 7.1.3
- Migrate a cluster to PowerHA 7.1.3 using three methods
- Use the new menu structure in PowerHA 7.1.3 to perform system administration tasks
TopicsThe best for you
- Unit 1: PowerHA SystemMirror 7: Features
- Exercise 1: Creating a PowerHA 6.1 cluster
- Unit 2: Migration considerations and requirements
- Unit 3: Migration options and migrating to PowerHA 7.1.3
- Exercise 2: Upgrade and prepare AIX for PowerHA 7.1.3
- Exercise 3: Migrating to PowerHA 7.1.3
- Unit 4: Configuration and administration in PowerHA 7.1.3
- Exercise 4: Configuration and administration in PowerHA 7.1.3
- Open lab
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
This intermediate course is intended for students who are experienced PowerHA or HACMP system administrators who are responsible for the planning and execution of a PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 upgrade.
AudienceWho should attend
The target audience for this course is the system architect or system administrator responsible for upgrading a cluster to PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1.