z/OS Security Server RACF, Implementing and CustomizationSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course will teach you to implement and customize RACF on z/OS.
We will start creating and maintaining the RACF databases. The functions, a resource manager can use, to work with RACF as external security manager are discussed. A short overview about the RACF profiles and the administration of them is given.
RACF customization, like the class descriptor table and started procedure table, are discussed. This also includes performance and tuning of RACF.
Program control and the interaction between the storage management components and RACF is presented.
An overview about multilevel security is given.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- Create and maintain the RACF database
- Customize RACF
- Maintain RACF implementation
- Protect system resources
TopicsThe best for you
- Unit 1 - Overview z/OS security
- Unit 2 - RACF database
- Unit 3 - Profiles and functions
- Unit 4 - Customizing
- Unit 5 - Program control
- Unit 6 - RACF and DFSMS
- Unit 7 - RACF macros and exits
- Unit 8 - Recovery procedures
- Unit 9 - Performance and tuning
- Unit 10 - Multilevel security
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have:
- Basic skills about z/OS, storage management and RACF.
AudienceWho should attend
This intermediate course are for:
- z/OS system programmers
- RACF administrators