z/OS V1R12 to z/OS V1R13 UpdateSoftware Administration
DescriptionWhat we offer
This course is designed to teach students the new features and enhanced functions provided in z/OS Version 1 Release 13. The software updates and enhancements for z/OS V1R13 are presented in groups based on closely associated z/OS components. The groups include enhancements to the base control program, sysplex features, UNIX System Services, the data storage subsystem, Communications Server, and security components, such as RACF.
Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V1.13 are discussed.
ObjectivesWhat you learn
- List the main enhancements in z/OS V1R13
- Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V1.13 including:
- The BCP which includes GRS, software support for z196 z114 zBX hardware upgrades, SMF, WLM, RMF, ISPF, and RAS
- Sysplex-related BCP enhancements
- The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services
- Data storage management which includes Extended Address Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm
- Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP address space, general IP, and SNA modernization
- System security - RACF
- Plan for and install the z/OS V1.13 system
TopicsThe best for you
- Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 1)
- Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 2)
- Unit 2: Enhancements to the UNIX System Services environment
- Unit 3: Enhancements to z/OS data storage management
- Unit 4: Enhancements to Communications Server
- Unit 5: Enhancements to z/OS system security
- Unit 6: Installation of z/OS V1R13 and SMP/E
PrerequisitesWhat should you know
You should have:
- Knowledge of z/OS at the level of a z/OS system programmer, acquired on the job or through the z/OS curriculum.
Warning: This class only covers changes packaged in z/OS V1.13 and expects students to be familiar with the contents of the z/OS V1.12 and previous system upgrades. For students who have knowledge or experience based on lower levels of z/OS, you should first attend:
- z/OS V1R12 Update (ESC31): z/OS V1R11 to z/OS V1R12 Update (which brings skill level up to z/OS V1R12)
- z/OS 1.9 to z/OS 1.10 : z/OS V1R9 to z/OS V1R10 Updates (SZ92) (which brings skill level up to z/OS V1R10)
AudienceWho should attend
This basic course is intended for system programmers and subsystem administrators responsible for installing and implementing z/OS V1.13 in their enterprise.